Spectra: Q-switch Nd: YAG Laser
US FDA Approved Device
Laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive laser treatment that uses light energy to:
• Gently stimulate natural collagen growth, which will reduce fine lines and wrinkles
• Restore the skin from sun damage (large pores and pigmentation)
• Remove dark lesions and sun spots
• Remove tattoos
How are chemical peels performed?
During the treatment a gentle laser light is used that passes light through the upper layer of skin. This laser heat stimulates collagen growth deep beneath your skin. The effects of the laser treatment will continue even after your treatment and you will see the difference once the fine lines will be filled with new collagen. The heat of the laser will also have an effect on the discoloured parts of your face as these pigment areas are broken up and reabsorbed into the skin.
Although you may see some immediate improvement in your skin, results tend to show more gradually. It is recommended to have at least 4-6 treatments spaced 3-5 weeks apart for best results. Many choose to come back for touch-up sessions after that.
What should be expected after treatment?
You can have Spectra treatments to help your skin if you are suffering from:
• Pigmentation Acne scars — pigmented type
• Dark circles around the mouth
• Tattoo removal
• Birth marks such as Nevus of Ota, Café au lait macules
What are the possible complications?
Usually, the dermatologist will analyse your skin and recommend the number of treatments. But, four to six treatments are usually recommended.